Women 2000 - Japan NGO Report Preparatory Commitee
Japan NGO Report Preparatory Committee
- August 13th
- NGO Report Launching
- * Advance purchase order for Print Version of "Japan Alternative NGO Report" accepted.
- August 10th
- * Native check for English text completed
- July 30th
- Fifth Committee Meeting (participated by 15 Bangkok participants)
* Update members of East Asia Conference (Seoul) and Asia Pacific NGO Symposium (Bangkok).
* Final coordination towards completion of NGO Report.
- July 25th
- * Final text of NGO report assembled
- July 18th
- Fourth Committee Meeting
- * Overall discussion on NGO Report drafts attended by over 50 individuals.
- * Asia Pacific NGO Symposium participants forms a Task Force
- June 25th
- Third Committee Meeting
- * Coordination on NGO Report, content and format
- June 11th-12th
- * Participation in Asia Pacific NGO Symposium Planning Meeeting (Michiko Nakamura, Representative)
- * Report in English
* Report in Japanese
- May 8th, Saturday, 18:20-20:45
- Second Committee Meeting
- * Report Coordinators for 12 Critical Areas of Concern identified. The preparatory process begins to move on in association with existing networks of women's movement in Japan.
- April 18th, 14:00-16:10
- First Committee Meeting
- * Discussion on preparation process and format for the NGO Report. Agreement reached on a direction to identify Report Coordinators for 12 Critical Areas of Concern.
- April 1999
- Call for establishment of "NGO Report Preparatory Committee"
- August 17th-18th
- Presentation of the Japan NGO Report and participation in East Asia sub-regional meeting, Seoul (Funabashi, Hashimoto)
- August 24th
- 6th Committe Meeting
- * Preparation for Bangkok.
- August 31st - September 4th
- Participation in Asia-Pacific NGO Symposium, Bangkok (30 members)
- September 12th
- Public symposium to report back on "Asia-Pacific NGO Symposium"
- October 26th-29th
- Participation in "ESCAP High Level meeting" as part of the Regional NGO Task Force.
- Year 2000
- February 28th - March 17th
- Preparation of "Global Alternative NGO Report" during 44th Session of CSW (UNHQ, New York)
- June 3rd - 4th
- Launching of "Global Alternative NGO Report" in NGO a NGO Meeting in New York
- July 5th -9th
- Participate in lobbying for inclusion of "Global Alternative NGO Report" contents at the Beijing+5 - UN Special Session of the General Assembly entitled "Women: 2000: Gender
Equality, Development and Peace for the Twenty-First Century" (UN Headquarters, New York)
Page Prepared by fem-net Women2000 team
Go to fem-net Home
Go to Women2000 Top Page